In the name of adopting healthy eating habits, teens prefer eating fad foods that virtually have no nutritional value. They always get lured into trying unhealthy foodstuff, ignoring the fact that they are harmful for their body. Even in case of drinking, teens are trying liquor, instead of going in for healthy drinks. Infact, their eating and drinking habits are taking the shape of binge eating and drinking disorder. Read further for 3 tips to lead teens to a healthy lifestyle…
Here are 3 lifestyle tips for Teens:
- You should eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, as they are important sources of vitamins and minerals.
- Milk and other dairy products like meat, fish, eggs etc should be consumed only in moderate quantities.
- Fats should not be taken in large quantities, but then that does not mean, you don’t need to eat fats, but what is required is to restrict your consumption to smaller quantities.
- Sugary foodstuff like cakes, biscuits, sweets, soft drinks, and ice cream can become a cause of tooth decay; so restrict your consumption to smaller quantities.
- In a nutshell, your total food intake per day should be such that 50% of the calories should come from complex carbohydrates such as cereals, rice and bread. About one third contribution should come from milk and other dairy products and the rest from fats.
It is very essential for each one of us to do some sort of physical activity. Pursuing sports is not only a great hobby, but also a fabulous way to keep in shape. But teens tend to skip on this important aspect of their life, so as to hang out with friends. This is the point, from where teens deflect from their path of leading a healthy lifestyle.
Having a sound sleep goes a long way in maintaining your overall fitness. In fact proper sleep is one of the main beauty secrets of celebrities. If you have a healthy sleep, it shows on your face in the form of glow. Lack of proper sleep is likely to cause irritability and the scope of mood swings increases.