New Healthy Dessert Recipes Choices The Whole Family Will Love!
Everyone has a sweet tooth. No matter how healthy your lifestyle is, there will come a time when you will want something sweet to eat. The key to staying healthy and satisfying your sweet tooth is in the choices you make. The hardest thing to do is to stay away from those desserts that are high in fat, sugar and calories. There are healthy dessert recipes that contain foods that are naturally enriched with sugar. Eating healthy does not mean you have to totally go without any form of dessert or sweet snacks.
Here are a few, simple healthy dessert recipes for you to tryout:
· Fruit & yogurt parfait – while this may not be a cookie, it will satisfy your sweet cravings. Using yogurt that is low in sugar, you will want to alternate between layers of yogurt and your favorite fruit.
· Frozen yogurt – instead of going to your favorite yogurt shop and purchasing a yogurt with all the toppings, you can make you own frozen yogurt. Simply, place plain yogurt into your freezer. It will freeze into a refreshing, frozen treat.
· Frozen banana bites – bananas can be used for more than just banana splits. Simply, cut a banana into bite size pieces and cover with peanut butter. Roll each piece in crushed nuts and place into the freezer wrapped in wax paper.
· Baked apples – this is a tasty treat that the entire family will love. You will simply core, and slice an apple in half. Top the apple with cinnamon, natural sugar and granola topping. Bake the apple until softened for about 10-15 minutes (or you can microwave it for 5-6 minutes).
· Tea scented mandarins – the taste will stimulate everyone’s taste buds. Put a few, orange mandarin slices in a small bowl. Then pour hot black tea over them, and drizzle with honey and cardamom.
· Pineapple coconut frappe – there is nothing like having something cool on a hot day. Simply mix pineapple, milk, coconut milk and ice cubes together until frothy.
These easy healthy dessert recipes are quick, and your family will love them. You will be able to make sure your family is eating healthy, and they make a delightful treat with any meal.