Weight Lifting Tips – How to Gain Muscle Mass Fast
Weight lifting is said to be the best way to build muscles. There are many gyms offering weight lifting programs to people who want to have big muscles. They have different machines and equipment to help in muscle building.
However, weight lifting is not an easy workout program. You need to know how to do it well and you have to prepare for it. Otherwise, you might find yourself in danger. Many accidents can happen if weight lifting is not done properly.
Here are weight lifting tips to guide you.
1. Check up. Perhaps the most important of these weight lifting tips is to have complete medical check up. There are certain conditions that you have to meet first before you go into any weight lifting program. You have to consult your physician before you lift weights especially if you have had accidents in the past that led to bone fracture. You also have to take into consideration other problems like heart diseases and high blood pressure.
2. Goals. You have to examine yourself first to know what you want to achieve. Set your goals. One practical tip is to list down what you want to achieve. Bear in mind that you have to be specific with the goals that you will set. If you want to have muscular arms, determine how big you want them to be. If you want to have big, bulging chest muscles, identify how much more you would want your chest to increase. Do not set goals that you know you cannot achieve. It will do you no good if you set goals that are way above your capacity.
3. Warm ups. Never start lifting weights or performing any exercise routine without warming up. Aside from conditioning your body, warm ups lessen risks of accidents. This will also help increase blood flow gradually before you go into more pumping actions. Warm ups are usually composed of stretching exercises that are designed to help your muscles become more flexible.
4. Spotter. Before you lift weights, especially heavy ones, make sure that there is someone to spot you. This is to prevent accidents. Somebody has to be there to assist in case you in case the weights you are trying to lift become too heavy for you.
5. Monitoring. Regularly check your progress. You have to do this so you will know if what you are doing is helping you achieve your goals. This way, you will know if you can proceed confidently or will need to make changes in your routine.
6. Variations. Varying your routine will help prevent boredom. As with any activity, lack of variation leads to boredom. Changes will make your whole workout routine exciting.
7. Water. Drink lots of water when lifting weights. We always have to replenish the water that we lose when we sweat while working out. You do not want to faint due to dehydration while lifting weights. Aside from the dangers that this could bring, it is also embarrassing.
8. Trainer. If you can afford it, have a personal trainer. It is always good to have a professional to guide as you prepare and perform your routines. Risks of accidents and problems can be minimized if not totally avoided.
These weight lifting tips are just easy to follow. They are meant to help you achieve the maximum effect of weight lifting.
Breaking News at Turbulence Training
Long, slow boring cardio is NOT the best fat loss program to increase your metabolism and burn belly fat!
Find out the REAL killer workouts you can do in the privacy of your own home in 45 minutes or less that will give you 6-pack abs in only 12 weeks at Turbulence Training
Learn essential weight lifting exercise workouts such as the standing calf raise to build your own program in this free exercise video on weight lifting for beginners. Expert: Kirk Watt Bio: Kirk Watt is the Fitness Director for VISION FIT a fitness professional with over 12 years experience in personal training and nutritional guidance. Filmmaker: Traci Holsey
Video Rating: 4 / 5